Winter Holiday 2021
Activities and Food Programme
Including links to website, registration and booking portal plus an extensive library of free online resources and tutorials for all ages!
Gloucestershire's Winter Holiday Activities and Food Programme funded by the Department for Education is returning this December for children aged 5-16 years.
The Winter 2021 programme will run from Monday 20 December to Thursday 23 December 2021.
The Holiday Food Progamme (HAF) is available to all children who are eligible for free school meals. Alongside the HAF, the Department for Education is also continuing to fund the popular Holiday Activity Programme (HAP) which is open to all children of any age.
Each day, activities and events across the county will be available either in person, or online. Each district area will have its own page so you can find activities closest to you and what is being offered.
Some in-person activities will need you to sign up in advance through the Children's Activities Booking System (CABS) so the providers know which children and young people are going to join that day's fun and games. A meal or food kit will also be provided, dependant on each district's offer.
Registration for the Children's Activities Booking System (CABS) is now live
Bookings for the free activities and food provision open on 1 December 2021
You must register first before making a booking.
If you've registered previously you will not need to do so again.
|hafhap-poster Winter 2021||[pdf 1MB]|
Learn how to sign up for newsletters and how to access the free library of online resources and tutorials
To stay up to date with the programme, please email HAFParentEnquiries@gloucestershire.gov.uk to join their newsletter which will provide updates, insights, recipes and craft ideas from November 2021 onwards to help families prepare for the upcoming school holiday.
As well as the newsletter, you can also follow the programme on social media. Search for @GlosCC in all the usual places. A full library of free online resources and virtual activities from previous programmes are still available here. The library has something for everyone, including:
- Dance - Plenty of fun video tutorials for a variety of dances including Samba Reggae, African dance, Bollywood moves and learning the Brazilian Coco!
- Music - Learn songwriting tips from junior music leader Izzy Winstanley, music production tips from a senior sound enginner who guides you through making a track with a drumbeat and some chords plus some basic tutorials from The Music Works
- Science and practical fun - join Cheltenham's Chief Fun Scientist Diatom Dave to build and test four different flight experiments and learn about planting your own food with the Pot Gang
- Sport and physical activity - Learn how to make fun obstacle courses at home with the team from Play Gloucestershire, get ideas about ball games at home including Boccia and an amazing opportunity to learn some Karate in 4 free recorded online lessons with Nikki from Red Eagle Martial Arts
- Arts, crafts and creative fun - Includes a beginner's guide to photography and a tutorial on the simple, timeless joy of making bubbles at home hosted by the Play Gloucestershire team
|Winter Holiday Activty and Food Programme 2021||[pdf 1MB]|
See what happened during the Summer Holiday 2021Activities and Food Programme!
Using 150 providers across all six Gloucestershire districts, over 18,500 summer holiday activties were organised by the programme this summer plus distribution of fun activity packs for children to enjoy at home, over 18,500 meals provided plus 3,622 food boxes and tickets to some of our favourite activities including outdoor water sports, swimming and so much more.
A group of very lucky children even got a trip in a helicopter thanks to the huge vareity of local partners who supported the programme from charities, volunteer groups and business organisations.
The Winter Holiday 2021 programme has a lot to live up to after the team and all partner delivered a wonderful summer for everyone invovlved!
Links to other support and resources
Other support and resources for families linked to the Activities and Food Programme can be found here. They include ideas, information and guidance on:
- More help feeding the family
- Food support for under-4's
- Low cost and free food
- Technology support
- Welfare and Health support
- Mental health and wellbeing
- Dental and oral health
Last reviewed and updated 29 November 2021