School Council at Oak Hill
Our school council is elected annually in the Autumn term and consists of 6 members from Years 1- 6. The voting process is organised by the incumbent committee, who, after heated elections, count the votes very carefully.
The Council meets every three weeks to discuss ideas and decide upon actions. Some of the events organised by the committee include:
- Supporting teachers in the provision of new play equipment
- Organising a ‘Wear Pyjamas to School Day’ to support mental health and Red Nose Day
- Drawing up playtime rules to ensure everybody has a safe and happy time
- Successfully campaigning for playground equipment for break times
- The provision of playtime rotas
Well done to our School Council; they listen to their peers and represent them superbly!