Physical Education and Sports at Oak Hill
Physical activity and school sport feature prominently in the life of all pupils at Oakhill Primary School. We provide:
- A high-quality PE curriculum with all pupils having at least two hours of physical activity each week via a mix of specialist and teacher-led PE sessions.
- Regular opportunities for children to participate and compete to help to embed our values of respect, perseverance, friendship, humility and courage.
- Swimming lessons for all pupils in Years 3-6.
- Active breaks and lunch breaks with the opportunities for pupils to become a Play Leader.
- After-school clubs such as basketball, rounders and yoga.
- Access to physical activities that take pupils beyond their own experiences, such as fencing, archery, folk dancing and bell boating.
- Opportunities to compete against other schools.
- A yearly Sports Day and an annual local hike.