Cookery Club Week 4
For the cakes
50g SR Flour
50g caster Sugar
For the icing
50g icing sugar
What to do
· Put the oven on at 180C.
· Put all the cake ingredients in a bowl.
· Mix well until smooth.
· Put a dessertspoon of mixture into each cake case.
· Bake for about 15 minutes or until risen and golden.
· Meanwhile, make the icing by beating the margarine and icing sugar together.
· When the cakes are cool, cut the top off each cake.
· Fill the space with icing.
· Cut the tops in half and place into the icing like butterfly wings.
· Put a little icing sugar in a sieve and dust the cakes with icing sugar.
(Try adding a large spoonful of cocoa to the mix for chocolate cakes!)
Cookery Club Week 3
Munchy Oat Bars
80g light brown sugar
60g golden syrup
4 dried apricots, chopped
35g dried cranberries
30g pecans (chopped) or pumpkin seeds
What you do
· Melt the butter, sugar and syrup in a
saucepan over a low heat
· Put all the other ingredients into a large bowl
· Pour in the melted mixture and mix
· Line a 20cm square baking tin with
· Spoon in the mixture, levelling the top
· Bake for about 20 minutes and then cut into fingers or squares after a few minutes.
Cookery Club Week 2
Puffins (Pizza Muffins)
Oregano or mixed herbs
Toppings of your choice.
What you do
· Cut the muffin in half
· Spread with tomato puree
· Add your toppings
· Sprinkle with herbs and cheese
· Cook at 200C until cheese is bubbling and golden brown.
I put in...